A UN Food Systems Summit Science Day Side Event exploring solutions to advance food systems science and innovation toward more sustainable, equitable outcomes for all.
Date: Thursday, 8 July 2021
Time: 23:00-00:00 (UTC+8)
In this exciting UN Food Systems Summit Science Day dialogue event, leading experts from food system organizations worldwide came together to explore current barriers of emerging science and innovation hindering progress toward achieving multiple Sustainable Development Goals. They focussed on ways to move forward and create sustainable, inclusive opportunities to transform food systems without leaving anyone behind.
WorldFish’s Global Lead in Nutrition and Public Health, Shakuntala Thilsted joined the expert panel, drawing on her expertise as Vice Chair of the Summit’s Action Track 4 on ‘Advancing Equitable Livelihoods’ to discuss why nutrition-sensitive aquatic foods must be prioritized in key food systems agenda to provide sustainable, healthy diets while ensuring equitable economic opportunities for all.
- Ertharin Cousin, Founder and CEO, Food Systems for the Future
- Urs Niggli, Honorary Professor, Kassel University
- Shakuntala Thilsted, Global Lead, Nutrition and Public Health, WorldFish; 2021 World Food Prize Laureate
- David Zilberman, Professor, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California at Berkeley
- Anne Mullen, Chief Editor, Nature Food
For more information on the full agenda, visit UN Food Systems Summit Science Day program.