A UN Food System Summit Science Day Side Event will be held to explore innovative solutions to transform, modernize and build the resilience of African food systems.
Date: Wednesday, 7 July 2021
Time: 22:00-00:00 (UTC+8)
Stay tuned for the event recording
In this exciting Science Day side event event hosted by Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT), leading experts from food system organizations worldwide came together to discuss innovative partnerships and investments to improve the productivity and profitability of small-scale fish farming in Africa.
WorldFish’s Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) leader, Bernadette Fregene, joined the expert panel to share her experience in facilitating the delivery of new technologies along the aquaculture value chain and presented her insights on the importance of developing the capacity of small-scale fish farmers for improved food, nutrition and livelihood outcomes.
- Martin Fregene, Director Agriculture and Agro-Industry, African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Kenton Dashiell, Deputy Director General (Partnerships for Delivery), International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Bernadette Fregene, Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Leader, WorldFish
- Ramadjita Tabo, Research Program Director, International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
- Robin Buruchara, Senior Advisor, The Pan Africa Bean Research Alliance (PABRA)
- Kwesi Atta-Krah, Director, Country Alignment and Systems Integration (CASI), International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)