This virtual webinar is to gain insight and further develop the "Gain and Share" to promote the exchange of best practices and mutual learning regarding the challenges, knowledge, and solutions related to the key elements of food security.
The Global Action Network looks to identify challenges, exchange knowledge and solutions related to the key elements of food security: “sufficient”, “safe”, “nutritious”, “dietary needs”, “food preferences”, “leaving no one behind” and “towards a common goal.”
Members of this Global Action Network will mobilize actions to include aquatic food as a key food source for achieving food security and improved nutrition in the Decade of Action on Nutrition (2016-2025) and in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The network will:
- take a holistic approach “from healthy waters to healthy people”, include cross-sectoral competence, and interact with interested stakeholders in reaching common goals and commitments on food security and nutrition
- link and learn to create efforts towards achieving food security and improved nutrition by generating sufficient, safe, and nutritious aquatic foods which meet dietary needs and food preferences, leaving no one behind
- work towards increasing the knowledge and awareness of the role of sustainable aquatic foods for achieving food security and improved nutrition, and increasing the production and consumption of such foods
- echo the recommendations on Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture for Food Security and Nutrition from the Committee on World Food Security (CFS) included in the CFS Global Strategic Framework for Food Security and Nutrition
- support each other by sharing knowledge about-, experiences gained- and challenges faced with:
- consumption of aquatic food as part of a nutritious diet
- sustainable harvesting and production of aquatic food
- advocating for the above