The is a webinar with a panel of leading experts from key African and other organizations as we unpack the Future of Aquaculture in Africa.
Date: Tuesday, 3 December 2020
Time: 21:00 (UTC+8)
By continent, Africa has consistently reported the fastest growth rate in aquaculture over the last years. With good natural resources and a significant internal demand for fish, Africa can become a major contributor to global aquaculture output. Yet, challenges such as inadequate skills, poor policy, difficult resources access and low capital levels remain.
Join our panel of leading experts from key African and other organizations as we unpack the Future of Aquaculture in Africa, Tilapia prices in across Africa and the 2021 conference of the African chapter WAS.
- Hellen Malabo, The African Union Inter-African Bureau for Animal Resources (AU-IBAR)
- Bernice Mclean, African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD)
- Blessing Mapfumo, African Chapter of World Aquaculture Society (WAS-AC)
- Martin Van der Knaap, FAO
- Etienne Hinrichsen, Aquaculture Africa Magazine (AAM)
We look forward to your active participation.