Join the launch with Prof. Daniel Pauly, the most highly cited fisheries scientist, and Dr. Shakuntala Thilsted, the 2021 World Food Prize Laureate.
Date: Wednesday, 23 June 2021
Time: 22:00 – 23:00 (UTC+8)
Fish are increasingly recognized as key to addressing the planet’s malnutrition challenge. Packed with essential micronutrients, fish are crucial to human health in many geographies. Despite their nutritional benefits, the potential of fish as part of modern diets, particularly the diets of vulnerable social groups in developing countries, remains largely unknown and unmet. FishNutrients helps address the knowledge gap for the nutritional composition of fish by providing easy access to open-source nutrient data for over 5000 fish species across the world.
Please join this celebration of innovation and collaboration with a panel of experts who will discuss how this tool has, and can be, used to develop pathways for better nutrition and health. The panel of experts will explain how the FishNutrients scientific model has been developed and share insights on the ongoing innovation within FishBase - one of the CGIARs most celebrated digital innovations.
This event is hosted by: WorldFish, Lancaster University, FishBase, Sea Around Us - University of British Columbia, Dalhousie University, Minderoo Foundation, Oak Foundation and the CGIAR Research Program on Fish Agri-food Sytems (FISH).
The panel warmly welcome you to this celebration, rapid-fire presentations and open discussion.
- Prof. Daniel Pauly, Founder of FishBase & Head of Sea Around Us, Institute for the Oceans and Fisheries
- Dr. Shakuntala Thilsted, Global Lead, Nutrition and Public Health, WorldFish & 2021 World Food Prize Laureate
- Prof. Christina Hicks, Professor, Environment Centre, Lancaster University
- Dr. Phillipa Cohen, Research Program Leader, Resilient Small-scale Fisheries, WorldFish
- Dr. Deng Palomares, Senior Scientist & Project Manager, Sea Around Us, Institute for the Oceans and Fisheries, University of British Columbia
- Dr. Aaron MacNeil, Associate Professor, Ocean Frontier Institute, Department of Biology, Dalhousie University
- Dr. Kendra Travaille, Research Manager, Sustainable Fisheries, Minderoo Foundation Flourishing Oceans
- Prof. Anya Waite, Vice-President Research (Ocean), Ocean Frontier Institute, Dalhousie University
Stay up to date with the latest information by following WorldFish, CGIAR Research Program on Fish Agri-food Sytems (FISH) and hashtag #aquaticfoods on Twitter.
We look forward to your active participation.